Monday, May 11, 2009

Rhymes with Alex


Back in the day, I was super into the whole poetry thing. Mix a twelve year old girl with insane emotions and imagination, you're bound to get something emo. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't half bad. I was published in multiple volumes of the "Stanford Anthology for Youth". I guess that's supposed to be impressive since it has "Stanford" in the title. 

Today, I decided to hop back on that poetry train, or whatever you want to call it. I write about my life most of the time. It's the easiest thing to write about. Write what you know... right?
I wrote a super long poem today about some romantic messiness I've been in as of late. Life is tough. Especially when you're impatient. I'm waiting on college transfer decisions, on friends, on dudes.

Life is messy... So I won't put up the long poem yet. Needs some work.  Thought this little one up in class today though... sure I'll add on to it later... maybe

'Cause in times like these
You've just gotta learn to breathe
And life can get so crazy
That it brings you to your knees

AVS

No comments:

Post a Comment