Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nobody Fucks With a Lion

My grades in high school were less than spectacular. I slacked off. I had just about every psychological disorder imaginable. I partied. That got me into Cal State Northridge. CSUN was sort of chill. I made some cool friends and joined the most amazing sorority ever. Unfortunately, the university itself was just BS. It was way too big. I couldn't get the classes I needed, nor did anyone care if I got my classes or even passed them. It wasn't what I was used to coming from a small private school. 

It was then that I made one of the best choices for myself in the history of my life - I moved home. I transferred to Foothill, a fantastic community college 30 minutes south of my house where I knew I was certain to get into a good 4-year. After CSUN, I knew I wanted a private school, no states or UC's, which made my application process much easier. I immediately had two schools in mind - USC and LMU. For those of you who live under a rock, USC is the University of Southern California and LMU is Loyola Marymount University. Both schools are amazing and in Los Angeles. :-)
Well, I've done my best to keep up my grades after having a dismal academic semester at Northridge. Currently, my cumulative is at a 3.5. During Winter Quarter I applied for transfer to both USC and LMU. May 28, 2009 coincidentally happened to be the date in which both schools determined my academic fate. USC, in all of its competitive glory, was unfortunately not able to offer me admission. Bummer. But whatever. However, I called the LMU admissions office on Friday & was pleasantly informed of my acceptance! Fabulous news! It looks as though I will be an LMU Lion come Fall 2009... just waiting on the official packet! :-)

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment