Friday, May 15, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect


I just spent several hours in my backyard working out in my bikini while simultaneously tanning. I'm, like, so totally genius right? 

At this very moment, I have reason to believe my family is cursed. Yes, I said it... Cursed. We have been dealing with one absolutely dreadful situation after the next. I'm not sure exactly how I'm surviving, but my soul is nowhere near intact. I guess it's just the hardships that life gives out sometimes, but it's extra hard coping with sick loved ones, car accidents, economic problems, people trying to set your house on fire, and multiple family members leaving for Iraq all in the span of a month. I think those are really only half of our issues. Sucks, huh? I'm aware how terribly emo I must sound, but on top of my family's struggles, I have so many more of my own. I think I'm blessed to be in a somewhat decent mood right now. It's not easy to have panic attacks daily and still keep a smile on your face. Yesterday, my brother asked me how I was able to deal with everything and still keep smiling. I simply replied, "Practice." 

I feel like everyone is in southern California right now. Two of my best friends are down at USC for their older siblings' graduations. My "fella" is at USC for the weekend baseball series. And then there's just a ton of other friends going down for the weekend. I was supposed to go too. I wish I did, but I'm glad I didn't. I think there might have been drama. I like to avoid drama if possible. 

Poem Update: As of Tuesday night, that poem I started on Monday is about 6 pages long. Damn. Hella emotions up in hurr. I mean, I think it's pretty good. The whole thing rhymes. I don't think I'll add anything more because I basically wrote everything there is to write about the situation. Maybe a few more verses could be squeezed in. I'll make it an even 6 pages. Damn. 6 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment